THE STORY: MOTHER MARY
One proud mama, Mary was a first-century Galilean Jewish woman of Nazareth and the mother of Jesus, according to the canonical gospels. The Blessed Virgin is revered in Christianity as the patroness of pretty much everything good. When the angel Gabriel told her she was chosen by God to be the mother of His only son, despite her fear she exhibited astounding courage and character. Her humility and obedience to the message of God have made her an exemplar for all ages of Christians.
Our 14k gold vermeil is the creme de la creme. This French technique is superior to common gold electroplating, though the two are often compared. However, in our process, we take it a step further by offering a thicker 3 micron plating instead of 2, which means your vermeil pieces are significantly more durable and long-lasting. Very few other jewelers do this.
Storytime in the Bath:
Our oxygen bathing technique ensures your Awe pieces are luxe and enduring. Oxygen bathing is done to remove all moisture and liquid from the sterling silver before the 14k gold layer is added. It allows the gold to adhere more tenaciously to the silver and prevents tarnishing between layers (which would ultimately show up on the surface). We don't skip steps or take shortcuts - because you deserve the very best.
- Handcrafted and hand-polished
- Mother Mary Tablet necklace with Saturn chain.
- 14k yellow gold vermeil (thick 3 micron coat of 14k yellow gold on a solid sterling silver base)
- Make it your own by choosing between a Cable, Saturn or Delicate Paperclip chain
- Tablet dimensions: 15.5mm H x 13.11mm W, 2.2mm Thick
- Tablet bale: 6.5mm x 4.3mm
- Decorative frame with milgraining